Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

The meaning of the word History.

πŸ€”History meaning πŸ€”


Image result for history
Hello everyone, and today we need to discuss what a History is. In my mind and my thinking was that history is a word that gathers everything from the past or a word that reminds us of the past. I would like to share a story about Sina and the eel because this story is a Samoan History and is an example about the word "History" ( I don't want to tell the whole story but I will tell you what happen in the story), let get started. The eel was following Sina where ever she goes, but then Sina was too scared of how the eel following her then she went to the chiefs and tell them how the eel was following her, then the chiefs had a decision and they wanted to kill the eel. When they were finished killing the eel, the eel suddenly whispers to Sina he said that   "Sina, Can you do me a favor that if you just plant my head into the ground and if it growths then that reminds you of me". Sina was crying and feel sorry for the eel and she do what he said, and it grows and that is how the coconut made, the coconut is made of the eel's face.


That is the story of Sina and the eel I go further to explain just to make you understand what the word HISTORY is. The reason why I explain that story because I would like to make you understand more about the word History. Well, do you know what I did was that Sina and the eel is the story from the past and I know this story because my grandparents told me and whenever we drink the coconut it reminds us of the eel and how the chief punish him. That is the meaning of History in me.

I hope you understand the meaning of History.

Don't forget to comment and visit my blog.
Thank you and see you next time.

2 comments:

  1. Malo lava Fa'afiu. I really like how you have explained the meaning of the word history using the legend of Sina and Eel. It's great that legends are used to tell the history of a culture or country. A very elaborated example of the meaning of history in this blog post. Keep up the great thinking Fa'afiu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Fa'afiu

    I like how you wrote your meaning about history and the legend about Sina and the eel.

    ReplyDelete